Photo of the Beautiful Natural Scenery with Tall Green Trees and a Rainbow.

​​Call Us for Retreat, Registration or Donation Information @ (503) 668-6195

History

When Oral and Albert Hull met in the 1950’s with Justice of the Peace George Howeiler of Sandy, it was estimated that about 3,000 blind people lived in Oregon. The couple, with no heirs of their own, decided they needed to find someone to leave their 22 acre farm to after they passed on.

Judge Howeiler, who lost his eyesight from a blasting cap accident when he was 15, shared his dream with the Hull’s of developing a retreat center for blind persons. This dream became a reality in 1962 and with the help of supporters such as the Gresham Elks Club, Lions Clubs and Kiwanis Clubs, along with local business people the development of Oral Hull Park started.

It Started with a Dream.